Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Trek Continues

I am still at it. Not getting as piss off as a few days ago. I guess I am getting a hang of it, sort of. I finally got to play avi files (movies) on SuSE. I also installed picasa, a fine program from Google. I had it when I ran windows and was glad to find out I could get it for linux.

Last night I saw The DaVinci Code. It was not as dreadful as almost all the critics are making it to be. I think that the critics do not want to offend the religious fanatics out there who are so insecure in their believes, they don't want anything out there that might temp them to leave the path to righteous. It's entertainment, for goodness sakes!

Since the DaVinci Code came out, I decided to read Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco another time. Now this is a book that should be made in a movie. This books is a satire on all the Templars/Masons conspiracies. It isn't an easy read but once it gets going it engulfs you and you can't put it down until it lets go of you. Get it. Read It.

Now I have to get back at the book so let you go until next time.

No comments: