Thursday, May 25, 2006

Baby Steps

This SuSE thing is fun, yet aggravating. I had a few issues with the programs that came with the SuSE package, like I couldn't get kb3 the cd and dvd kreator to work, I fiddle wit it, now itworks like a charm. Everything that is installed does what it is designed to do and some do it perfectly while others are doing less than I want.

The area I am having most problems with are installations. Being used to windows, where everything is press a button and it works, it is supposed to anyway, with linux I have to make sure everything I need is already on the box before I install, this is a great inconvenience. Well I guess I'll continue at it until I get better at it. You know what they say Rome wasn't built in a day.

On a personal note, yesterday I bought a BBQ. Everybody says that it is a BBQ from star trek since it doesn't look like a BBQ, I don't care what they says, I needed a BBQ and I got a great deal, and I ate a delicious burger last evening :p

Gotta go get ready for work now, till next time keep on barbecuing.

No comments: