Friday, August 24, 2007

The Eagle Has Landed


I have received my brand spanking new laptop from Dell today, Woo-Hoo! Mmmmmh laptop. The estimated shipping date was supposed to be September 3 but to my amazement it was shipped on the 20th of august instead. I am so happy right now, I am just like a pig in shit. This is the best thing since slice bread. I have a shit eating grim. Enough of the cliches. My first impression is that it is thicker than I expected but it feels very solid.


I haven't decided if I dual booth Ubuntu and XP yet, but as you can see I have decided to install Ubuntu as my GNU/Linux operating system. I am not going to do anything until the beginning of next week, so I still have time to decide what exactly I'll be doing.


I've installed security programs on the computer and I will be doing a back up so that I can revert it to almost the condition I received it in.


My fake cnet.com review would be 10 out of 10 because I receive it two weeks before I was supposed to. This review is not based on any of the computer's performance what so ever(Please refer to "We have Lift Off" post for reference).


I am using Internet Explorer 6 right now and being so used to Firefox I don't know how people can use a browser without tab browsing. I had to open another window to remind me of the title of a previous post! If you are still using IE 6 change to Firefox or Opera or even IE 7 and get with the times.


It is getting late so I'll call it a day and early next week I'll tell ya what i am doing with the laptop.


No comments: